Making Yoga Accessible for
Yoga offers so many tools for
people living with chronic health conditions. This training provides the tools,
practice and confidence to bring yoga to students who need an adaptive approach
and smaller, specialized classes to meet their needs. While the focus is on multiple sclerosis,
this skills based workshop is applicable to other student populations who need
an adaptive approach. Teachers who
participate in this training will take away additional knowledge, skills and
confidence to assist their students to creatively address the many
different stressers and limitations that can result from having MS.
Choose the 18-hour
introduction or stay for the week and develop your understanding and skills
alongside individuals living with MS and their MINDSET training
professionals. What's the difference between TAYMS18 and TAYMS50?
The week long TAYMS50 offers:
- more hands-on experiences assisting MINDSET group classes;
- team teaching a MINDSET group class;
- conducting semi-private and private sessions with mentoring from Karen and Travis;
- presentations from wellness experts and researchers working with the MINDSET community;
- in-depth anatomy and physiology with regard to MS;
- more yoga tools to address particular symptoms of MS as well as whole person wellness through the 5 koshas.
- TAYMS50 also includes the TAYMS Facilitator Toolbox. (read about this further down)
TAYMS18 and TAYMS50 are a
collaboration with Travis Ehrhardt, Gusti Ratliff, the staff, and members of MINDSET Fitness and Yoga, a neuro-wellness center that specializes in Physical Assisted Training and TAYMS Adaptive Yoga. Participants will be training alongside
members of the MINDSET community who have been diagnosed with multiple
sclerosis. What better way to learn than
with people who live with this condition every day? Join us for this one of a kind training
- Daily practices to experience
and integrate the tools and philosophy of TAYMS and their
application for students living with multiple sclerosis.
- Adaptive asana and Chair Yoga for Every Body Levels 1 - 3.
- Props for safety and alignment.
- When and how to assist.
- Generally recognized contraindications for particular yoga tools and techniques.
- Yoga Philosophy as it applies
to the condition of MS:
- Anatomy & Physiology:
- Allopathic (western view)
- Anatomy and physiology of body
systems affected by multiple sclerosis.
- Presentation by an MS
Specialist with extensive knowledge of MS and the importance of regular
exercise including: current research, evidence-based medicine and common treatments including widely used pharmaceuticals, the effects of stress on the immune
system, and more.
- Yogic (eastern view)
- Condition of MS and the Kosha
- Ayurveda as related to MS.
- Methodology / Teaching Considerations:
- The practicalities of teaching multi-level group classes and private lessons.
- Hands-on-practice, a very
important part of the training, includes small group and individual sessions
with members of the MINDSET community who are diagnosed with multiple
- Teachers say this is the most
meaningful part of the training because they interact with real people rather
than role playing.
- Teachers will receive support
and mentoring from the training staff.
- Scope of practice.
- Working within medical settings.
New! TAYMS Facilitator Toolbox:
- TAYMS50 includes prepared content for a 6-8 week program to get you started in your community.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification and a minimum of 100 hours Yoga teaching experience
- or with permission of the instructor.
- Health care professionals who work with clients who have MS may also participate.
- Must have a minimum of one-year direct yoga experience in an ongoing class with a 200+ hour certified Yoga Teacher.
- Mind Set Neuro Wellness Center
- 2307 Gravel Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76118
Dates: June 1 - 7, 2018
- Attendance at all sessions is required for certification.
- Friday, 6 - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Total program hours: 18 hours for the weekend introduction and 18 CEUs; 50 hours / CEUs for in-depth study, practicum, and TAYMS certification.
- Please let Karen know if you need Yoga Alliance CEUs for this program.
- The yoga therapy components of my teaching are based on my professional yoga therapy certification C-IAYT and not derived from my status as an E-RYT500 with Yoga Alliance Registry.
- 18 Hour Introduction
- $20 meals due by 5/22/18
- 50 Hour In-Depth
- $50 meals due by 5/22/18
Accommodations: This is a non-residential program.
- Made out to: Yoga Heals Us LLC
- Mail to: Yoga Heals Us LLC, 32 Borodell Avenue, Mystic, CT 06355
- Pay online:
- Comfort Suites near Northeast Mall, a Richland Hills, TX hotel. Mind Set participants receive a 10% discount.
- Click here for Comfort Suites Direct Link to Book with Discount
- Comfort Suites Contact:
- Sanjiv Melwani “MEL”, General Manager
- Lunch will be ordered and delivered from a variety of area restaurants.
- Three lunch choices per day will be available in advance of the training:
- Vegan, vegetarian, and animal protein.
- If you choose to lunch on your own, plan to bring it because there a very few food choices close to the training facility.
- Questions about the training:
- Karen O'Donnell Clarke
- Questions about the facility, travel, accommodations, etc:
- Office Manager Mind Set Fitness and Yoga
- Phone: 817.616.3264
- 14 days or more prior to the first day of the training:
- You will receive a refund minus a $75 processing fee.
- 13 days through 1 days prior to the first day of the training:
- You will receive 75% of your payment minus a $75 processing fee.
- No refund is available:
- if you cancel on the first day of the training.
- if you are a ‘no show’ or if you leave the training early for any reason.