Learn how to safely offer chair yoga classes or modifications using a chair: for students who need to use a chair for balance and safety; for students who are recovering from illness or injury; for students who need alternatives to getting onto the floor or who need help getting up from the floor; for large groups including workplace seminars and conferences. Chair yoga offers movement options for every day situations such as working at your desk, long trips in a car or airplane. Chair yoga need not be "easy" either. Chair yoga teaches proper alignment that can be helpful to anyone who practices yoga. This program includes hands on practices as well as PPT presentations on health conditions such as osteoporosis, joint conditions and joint replacements.
Developed by Karen O'Donnell Clarke, certified yoga therapist, over the course of the past 15 years working with students who have multiple sclerosis, cancer, recovering from surgery, seniors, and individuals with physical challenges needing a gentle, adaptive approach to yoga.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Yoga teachers in training with Yoga Alliance registered 200 hr YTT
- or with permission of the instructor.
- Blissworks Yoga & Healing Arts
- 228 State Street, New London, CT 06320
Dates: Fall 2017
- Attendance at all sessions is required for certification.
- Saturday 12 - 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday 12 - 7:00 p.m.
- Total program hours: 25 contact hours.
- This program meets the Yoga Alliance requirements for up to 25 hours of continuing education.
- The yoga therapy components of my teaching are based on my professional yoga therapy certification with Integrative Yoga Therapy, an IAYT member school, not derived from my status as an E-RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Feedback from past programs:
- "You provided a great balanced training, for so many people. We were thoroughly trained on how to keep our students safe in our yoga classes."
- Regarding the most important thing learned or biggest area of personal growth through this course, one participant wrote:
- "I've been reminded of coming to the mat with a beginners mind every time.
- Chair yoga does not mean "easy" yoga.
- I am capable of accommodating a much broader range of human beings!
- All students can benefit from a chair yoga practice.
- It brings a strong sense of awareness to the body and its presence in space and time.
- This course has been perfection." (Obviously a fan:)
- "I love your approach to yoga as an integrated practice!!"
- 25 Hour Certification
- Early commitment $425 (plus CT Sales Tax 6.35%), Regular tuition $450
- Installment plan available
Accommodations and Meals:
- Made out to: Yoga Heals Us LLC
- Mail to: Yoga Heals Us LLC, 32 Borodell Avenue, Mystic, CT 06355
- Pay online: Available soon
- This is a non-residential program. Bring your own lunch and snacks. Refrigerator, microwave, teapot available.
- Hotel within walking distance: Holiday Inn, 35 Governor Winthrop Blvd, New London, CT 06320
- Restaurants within walking distance: La Luna at the Holiday Inn, The Right Path, Washington Street Coffee House, Bankok City, many more on State Street and Bank Street.
- Fiddleheads Food Co-op within walking distance.
- Waterfront within walking distance.
- Questions about the training:
- Karen O'Donnell Clarke
- 14 days or more prior to the first day of the training:
- You will receive a refund minus a $75 processing fee.
- 13 days through 1 days prior to the first day of the training:
- You will receive 75% of your payment minus a $75 processing fee.
- No refund is available:
- if you cancel on the first day of the training.
- if you are a ‘no show’ or if you leave the training early for any reason.